Email Question | 3X Pitching Velocity Programs | TopVelocity Baseball Forum
April 27, 2008
Well I have been trying to get David to make the changes in his pitching mechanics that you recommend. Its has not been real successful. I think once he gets it right he will understand what it is supposed to look and feel like. I have been trying to have David watch your analysis then practice the changes without throwing a ball. David wants to drop his lift leg too early or push off too hard with his posting leg. I have a mirror so he can watch his mechanics as he moves. I have looked in your handbook and is the “sled” drill helpful in trying to obtain the correct change in mechanics? Should I have David throw a ball during these drills? David is doing this in a level surface. Is it better to work on this with an incline? Is there any other drills or suggestions you can recommend?
David is fighting with old muscle memory. It is very frustrating. Make sure that David is not trying to push off or Triple Extend until he has mastered the timing of these mechanics. It sounds like he is pushing harder off the mound while continuing to throw his hips open early. This makes everything worse.
Go back to the drawing board. The “Sled Drill” and all of these drills should be down dry. Without the baseball, except for the football drills. Have him perform the “Sled Drill” and make sure he:
1. Lifts his leg and shifts his weight back over his back leg kicking his butt towards the plate.
2. Then have him squat a little on his back leg without his back knee bending over his back toes.
3. Make sure as he drives his hips towards the plate, their is enough resistance in the bands to force him to drive hard.
4. Make sure he keeps his hips closed as long as he can before he must put his front leg down.
5. And most important when his front foot lands it should be open and his hips should be open as well. The important part is the shoulders, they should still be back like in the picture. If he can not keep his shoulders back then use a broom stick to hold them back like the picture.
David will need to work hard to develop this new muscle memory. Remember it can take over 1500 reps to develop a new habit. The main focus for David is to drive his hips towards the target for as long as he can stride, then he must land with good separation. Please use the albums below for visual aids. I hope this helps!
Use these albums for visual learning.
1st Component Photos
2nd 3rd Component Photos
May 14, 2020
In baseball sport, some are the secret that will help you to maintain your number save and help to win the game. Use your all resource at the expert writing services and checking the detail which will be very good for all of you.
Most Users Ever Online: 220
Currently Browsing this Page:
SCOTT D: 288
Coach Robo: 257
nguyen dinh thanh lan
Guest Posters: 6
Administrators: 3x coach Kevin, 3x coach CJ, Brent Pourciau USAW Certified