How many Pitcher's have a mental pitching game plan. | The Mental Game | TopVelocity Baseball Forum
July 1, 2011
July 1, 2011
When You came to Top Velocity what were you looking for?
There are 3 Major components to Pitching.
- The Mental Side
- The Mechanics Side
- The Strength and Conditioning Side
- Motivation. Why do you want to pitch? Why do you even play baseball?
- Trust. Do you trust your talent, your work ethic, your coaches, your teammates etc.
- Character. How do you act when no ones watching. Would you cheat to win?
- Attitude. Will You listen? Do you have a negative or positive personality?
- Aggressiveness. How aggressive do you pitch? That is one biggest traits Scouts look for.
- Mental toughness. How do you handle adversity? Pitching is 90% mental. Like it or Not.
- Expectations/Goals. Can you visualize what it is going to take to meet your expectations.
April 27, 2008
Good stuff Darrell! This must be taught first before anything. Here is one of my favorite quotes from Tim Tebow:
This basically is what you are defining above. The work ethic must come before the workout!
Most Users Ever Online: 163
Currently Browsing this Page:
SCOTT D: 288
Coach Robo: 257
Amy Nicole Medley Barnes
Guest Posters: 6
Administrators: 3x coach Kevin, 3x coach CJ, Brent Pourciau USAW Certified