Frustrated with average velocity? Your tipping point to high pitching velocity could be just around the corner!
We are all looking for that instant adjustment to increase pitching velocity. This can happen but it usually isn’t enough. The better approach to increasing pitching velocity is using a more comprehensive approach. This means you must slowly implement all facets to increasing pitching velocity into your training and pitching. This comprehensive approach to increasing pitching velocity can become frustrating overtime, as the pitcher digs through the trenches towards his pitching velocity goals. Many pitchers only have just started this approach before they throw in the towel, some pitchers get half way or just past half way when they throw in the towel and a rare few are willing to never give up until they hit their tipping point and reach their goals. These are those pitchers who make it all the way to pro ball.
The reason a more comprehensive approach to pitching velocity is so effective in helping you reach your velocity goals is defined by what is called the Tipping Point. Here is the Google definition of Tipping Point:
The point at which a series of small ineffective changes acquires enough pressure or importance to cause a larger, more significant change.
These changes may seem ineffective in the beginning but combined with the other changes and over a length of time, they will eventually lead you to your tipping point.
I will never forget my tipping point to high pitching velocity in my career. I was more determined than I ever was in my life to reach my velocity goals. I was training so hard that I was almost working all day long on just pitching. My tipping point didn’t happen over night but there was about a one month period where I knew something significant was happening. Some call it an act of fate or a divine intervention. I believe it is a combination of everything which defines the tipping point.
The problem is most pitchers are not willing to take a comprehensive approach or put in the effort and time to have the opportunity to one day experience your tipping point. To help those pitchers who are struggling with taking the steps towards reaching their tipping point to high pitching velocity, I have listed them here. All that is required of you is that you follow these steps with the commitment and determination to reach your velocity goals.
Steps Towards Your Tipping Point to High Pitching Velocity
- Read the 3X Pitching Book in the 3X Pitching Velocity Program to learn a comprehensive approach to pitching velocity.
- Start with the Beginner’s Guide to 3X Pitching, also included in the 3X Pitching Velocity program, to help prepare you for the performance enhancement training in the Ace Pitcher Handbook.
- Read the Velocity Starter kit in the 3X Pitching Velocity Program to make sure you have everything you need to start the Ace Pitcher Handbook.
- Start a walk through of all the drills, lifts, exercises, nutrition and more to make sure that you are comfortable with the entire 3X program and you know what is expected of you.
- Adjust your weekly schedule to work with the training programs, so you do not have any scheduling conflicts.
- Put together a nutrition plan to support the new program.
- Start the 3X program and don’t finish until you have reached your 16 weeks.
If you get stuck anywhere in the program or you feel that something isn’t working then use the pitching forums to help you through.
If you finish the 3X Pitching Velocity Program and you have increased velocity but you feel that you have not hit your tipping point to high pitching velocity then I highly recommend that you continue onto the 3X Pitching Velocity Level 2 Program.